From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 8:31 PM
Subject: [obc] advice on new rear wheel

Hi,
    Thought I would ask the general advice of the group on buying
a new rear wheel for my road bike. I have been having increasing
problems with breaking spokes on my rear wheel. I ride a Schwinn
Supersport (piece of junk!) on which I had the rear wheel
rebuilt late last year with 14g DT spokes. I have since put
about 4000kms on the bike and it has now started breaking
spokes again. I dont think I am particularly rough on the
bike - I weigh anout 190 lbs and only ride on the road.
I got the bike in the summer of 2000.

    Rather than pay the $50 or so to have the wheel re-strung
again, I was thinking about just getting a new rear wheel. One
bicycle shop quoted me approx $100 for a new wheel with
Sun Rhino rim, Deore hub and DT spokes. Does that sound
reasonable? If anyone has any other recommendations for
wheels, or general wheel advice, I would love to hear them.

                      Thanks,
                         Derek Barlas

Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb/Newsletter

------
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED],  (613) 230-1064
Web/mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb/Newsletter