> Sometimes, I find it frustrating not to be able to merge multiple editions
> into one record (I only can do half of the work). Sometimes, I writer a
> support request but sometimes I don't. Simply because this causes more work
> for me (explain which record should be deleted why) and to some other person
> (which I now know is volunteer). Perhaps I would be more active editing if I
> could do more myself.
> But clearly, you can't give admin rights to everyone (maybe if deletion could
> be reverted, might work but that opens up the whole discussion about changing
> the source code I suppose). But is there a known process how to get more
> involved and get more privileges?
>
> xan

I have to admit, I am far more likely to work on GoodReads records (where
anyone can merge editions into works) than I am at OL at this point. I used to
spend a lot of time editing on OL but have really dropped off because the
multiple works problem is just so frustrating. I suspect that when this problem
is solved I will come back, but right now I find that unless you can make a
record all the way right, it's not worth the time to edit it and then submit a
request (or, more likely, 6 requests). Ugh.

Sarah