Am 16.08.2013 09:23, schrieb Ben Companjen:
> It's not as easy as it looks, I think, because selecting the correct
> authority (like you select an author in editing a work) requires a
> Solr engine for the publisher names. And to build an authority file we
> need rules (what is a publisher? do we want "printed by ..." to count
> as publisher, or will we create a printer authority as well, while
> we're at it?)
Why not? Is it not common OpenLibrary practice to have a lot of fields and
depending on the user and the quality of data documented in the book itself,
more or less are filled in?

> The "add a field to records" part is trivial for OpenLibrary.

You mean you could do it? Or trivial in the sense that it would take few
minutes of work but isn't likely to happen?

I don't wanna sound cynical. I really don't. Sorry about that.

xan