On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Pedro F. Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com
> >wrote:
>

> > --- On Tue, 9/27/11, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > As Rob Weir has put it ...

> > > uh, well...I don't know bout this. I was under the
> > > impression that MUCH of developer info was here.
> > >  Others would need to weigh in but I think it was
> > > widely used because of the ease of use.
> > >
> > Just my word of advice:
> >
> > Check the MediaWiki at http://ooo-wiki.apache.org/
> >
> > If we take out information about Hg (dead),
> > the Development Teams and Projects (which will have to
> > be reorganized), Old News, the issue tracker ...
> >
> > Is the information left worth it to run through a
> > MW-->CWiki conversion effort?
> >

> Yes, the projects need some reorganization, but I doubt if all the
> development stuff should be removed. It simply hasn't gone anywhere -- yet.
> The problem is NOT the conversion effort (a one time deal) but the
> maintenance effort.
>
> *IF* someone(s) would step up to be the MW guru, there wouldn't be an issue
> but we're outside the "infra" workings.

Well then we should look for that guru. So far I havent event seen clearly
what things do we actually need. Maybe we need to come to the decision we
need to get a MW administrator. Clayton was our administrator, if he want to
train the new administrator then we wont need such a guru. AFAIK he left
open the option of doing some light mentoring on the administration.

> > I think given the license situation we should just
> > leave that stuff as read-only for now and do all new
> > work on CWiki (or MoinMoin).
> >

> Well OK, good enough and I would agree with this.
> After looking at the old wiki this am, it seems someone from the "es" area
> has made quite a few changes/additions, and the front page itself had been
> modified this am. Of course, there was that "throw pillows" page
> addition??!
>
> and ps. Does anyone here actually know HOW to put the old wiki in
> read-only???

Usually to do a backup of the wiki, you are supposed to make it read only.
Is a configuration line in the .conf file.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Backing_up_a_wiki

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol