I have one additional open issue with my variable references prototype, and
that's whether to support a default value or not on USE ARG if aliasing is
requested.  Right now I don't support it at all.

There is a case for supporting a default value that would be assigned to
the aliased variable if it is currently uninitialized. To me it feels like
this gives a new meaning to the behavior of the default value because
technically, the argument was not omitted. On the other hand, I can see
some uses for this. I can go either way.

One other point I should probably make related to this is that the
referencing operator (currently spelled "&") does not raise a novalue
condition if the variable does not have a value. This seems correct to me
since one would probably be passing the reference to a caller that will be
returning a value.

Rick