Hi Scott,

You're correct. The penalty alerts do not display in the patron sidebar on the search results screen when you are first searching for a patron. The alert message on the patron record does appear as does the red highlighting used when there is a problem with the record, so the issue appears to be confined to penalty alert messages. I would consider that to be a bug.

Kathy

On 04/11/2018 03:01 PM, scott.tho...@sparkpa.org wrote:

HI Terran,

It also happens with manually created Alerts. I also just discovered that both the manually created Alert and the Invalid Address alert will appear in the sidebar if, when in a patron record, I toggle the sidebar to display. (Before I had it set to not display.) However, the question remains: why do these two Alerts not appear in the sidebar when I select a patron in Search Results? Our staff would like all Alerts, whether system-created, manually created, or entered from the patron edit screen, to appear in the sidebar under search results. Right now only the alerts enter from the patron edit screen appear there.

Scott

*From:*Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] *On Behalf Of *Terran McCanna
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:29 PM
*To:* Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
*Subject:* Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Possible Web Client Bug: Alerts

Hmm, I'm not getting that "Patron has an invalid address" alert at all - perhaps a configuration difference?

If you add an alert message manually through the Messages tab are you seeing that as soon as you double-click on the account or only after you hit the back button?

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150