Are you talking about invalid mailing addresses or invalid email addresses?

When I'm testing, alerts don't show up until you open the patron record
(just clicking on a patron in a search list doesn't show the alerts),
however, the name appears in red if there are problems and if the mailing
address is invalid then it appears red. If the email address is invalid,
the email field is just blank on the summary bar.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150