Based on both links and guide, seems like I am not clear with the
following:

1.  What and how should I edit the /etc/fstab of the root image?  In
other distros I would either configure it as:  /dev/root or
LABEL=root ... in this particular case, how did you change your /etc/
fstab?

2.  Where do you pass on the root FS argument?  the Etherboot article
suggests to include the root-path option in dhcpd.conf (for those like
me using PXE to network boot):

option root-path "iscsi:192.168.23.2::::iqn.
2007-10.org.appliedgenomics:test.disk1"

My question - should I also send a kernel parameter to define what is
the root path?

If you have configured iscsi on Ubuntu for PXE booting, pls advise.

Currently, my test box is stuck during boot up - it PXE boots, runs
the initrd it picks up from tftpboot, but it is stuck and hangs
initializing all the physical drives (/dev/sda-sdd) ... so something
is telling me perhaps there is something wrong with my iscsi
configuration.

thanks in advance.

- aspasia.