aspasia schrieb:

> On May 2, 7:14 am, Tomasz Chmielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> aspasia schrieb:
>>

>> iSCSI initiators and dynamic IP address are two things which don't like
>> each other very much.
>>
>> It will work if you add a dhclient to your initrd, but with any IP
>> address change you'll run into problems.
>>

> that's true ... although, in my pilot I have followed your script and
> statically assigned an IP address ...
> i finally got it to a point where it successfully chroot'ed and
> started the /sbin/init ...
>
> however, at some point it loses its connection ... at some point:
>
> 1.  I got an EXT3 fs corruption error; but when I try to mount that
> device from another host, the FS is good.
> 2.  I thereafter disabled the "dhcp" daemon (by just deleted the S-
> links in the rc scripts.. and those FS corrupt errors disappeared ...
> 3.  But still would somehow lose connection ....
>
> The golden image server was installed and configured to DHCP;  I
> checked the /etc/network/interfaces and its values were:
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> I tried to change it "manually" and assign it a static address entry:
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 192.168.17.27
> gateway 192.168.16.1
> netmask 255.255.240.0
> broadcast 192.168.31.255
>
> Now that I boot it, I'm still somehow hanging ...

Is the IP the same as assigned in the PXE/tftp stage?

Can you ping when it's "hanged"?

> My question to you; when you prepared your root image, how was your
> server's networking configured, I am assuming static IP?

You mean iSCSI initiator's? Yeah, IP assigned is the same in the
PXE/tftp stage as it is in the network configuration part.

For your information, it works correctly also on Debian here, which
should be similar enough to Ubuntu.

> I'm
> wondering if I should go back to my golden build server and simply re-
> configure the build to assign a static IP address and then recopy the /
> etc/directory into the iscsi root image?

I don't think I understand correctly what you mean here.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org