aspasia schrieb:
> Based on both links and guide, seems like I am not clear with the
> following:
>
> 1.  What and how should I edit the /etc/fstab of the root image?  In
> other distros I would either configure it as:  /dev/root or
> LABEL=root ... in this particular case, how did you change your /etc/
> fstab?

Use it as you like and how your target is partitioned?

> 2.  Where do you pass on the root FS argument?  the Etherboot article
> suggests to include the root-path option in dhcpd.conf (for those like
> me using PXE to network boot):
>
> option root-path "iscsi:192.168.23.2::::iqn.
> 2007-10.org.appliedgenomics:test.disk1"

If you're referring to
http://wpkg.org/Diskless_/_remote_boot_with_Open-iSCSI, rootfs is
currently hardcoded.

If you know some scripting you can change it trivially, though - just
look at the example "init" script to see how different values are
fetched from /proc/cmdline (and passed upon PXE boot).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski