On May 2, 7:14 am, Tomasz Chmielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> aspasia schrieb:
>

> iSCSI initiators and dynamic IP address are two things which don't like
> each other very much.
>
> It will work if you add a dhclient to your initrd, but with any IP
> address change you'll run into problems.

that's true ... although, in my pilot I have followed your script and
statically assigned an IP address ...
i finally got it to a point where it successfully chroot'ed and
started the /sbin/init ...

however, at some point it loses its connection ... at some point:

1.  I got an EXT3 fs corruption error; but when I try to mount that
device from another host, the FS is good.
2.  I thereafter disabled the "dhcp" daemon (by just deleted the S-
links in the rc scripts.. and those FS corrupt errors disappeared ...
3.  But still would somehow lose connection ....

The golden image server was installed and configured to DHCP;  I
checked the /etc/network/interfaces and its values were:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

I tried to change it "manually" and assign it a static address entry:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.17.27
gateway 192.168.16.1
netmask 255.255.240.0
broadcast 192.168.31.255

Now that I boot it, I'm still somehow hanging ...

My question to you; when you prepared your root image, how was your
server's networking configured, I am assuming static IP?  I'm
wondering if I should go back to my golden build server and simply re-
configure the build to assign a static IP address and then recopy the /
etc/directory into the iscsi root image?

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

- a.