aspasia wrote:

> On May 2, 7:14 am, Tomasz Chmielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> aspasia schrieb:
>>

>> iSCSI initiators and dynamic IP address are two things which don't like
>> each other very much.
>>
>> It will work if you add a dhclient to your initrd, but with any IP
>> address change you'll run into problems.
>>

> that's true ... although, in my pilot I have followed your script and
> statically assigned an IP address ...
> i finally got it to a point where it successfully chroot'ed and
> started the /sbin/init ...
>
> however, at some point it loses its connection ... at some point:
>
> 1.  I got an EXT3 fs corruption error; but when I try to mount that
> device from another host, the FS is good.
> 2.  I thereafter disabled the "dhcp" daemon (by just deleted the S-
> links in the rc scripts.. and those FS corrupt errors disappeared ...
> 3.  But still would somehow lose connection ....
>
> The golden image server was installed and configured to DHCP;  I
> checked the /etc/network/interfaces and its values were:
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> I tried to change it "manually" and assign it a static address entry:
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 192.168.17.27
> gateway 192.168.16.1
> netmask 255.255.240.0
> broadcast 192.168.31.255
>
> Now that I boot it, I'm still somehow hanging ...

When you boot when the init scripts run one of the first things you want
to start is iscsid. With fedora at least, some things like the
iptables/firewalls or other security programs starting up can cause
distuptions in the network you are using. This ends up causing the
initiator to have to reconnect to the target and to do that we need
iscsid running.