Hi all,

        I am trying to install RHEL5.3 on an iSCSI disk with two paths.
I booted with "mapth" option but the installer picked up only a single
path. Is this the expected behavior when I use "iBFT"?

The install went fine on a single path. I was trying to convert the
single path to multi-path by running "mkinitrd". RHEL was unable to boot
(panics) with the new "initrd" image.  The only difference between the
old initrd image and the new one is that the old initrd image was using
iBFT method and the new image was trying to use the values from the
existing session(s) at "initrd" creation time. For some reason the
latter method doesn't work. Is this a known bug?

I also tried installing SLES10 and SLES11. I believe they recommend
installing on a single path and then converting to multipath. I have
found that SLES11's initrd image can only find one path even after
including "multipath" support into the initrd image. It creates a
dm-multipath device with a single path and later converts to
dm-multipath device with two paths later when it runs scripts in
/etc/init.d. SLES10's behavior might be same, but I didn't analyse. Does
anyone know if SLES11's initrd image can find more than one iSCSI path?

Thanks, Malahal.