Thomas,
Due to the limit of attachments per page I suggest the opposite approach,
upload to a conference specific page an then link to it from other index
pages.  Obviously we will need another page for papers not related to a
conference, such as publications.  I would also expect in future that we
might even have papers (blogs) written on the openEHR wiki that might be
indexed as well.

Heath