>Would you mind pasting the output of setxkbmap -v ?
Initially it was set to a sun something

>At least on a Swedish keyboard, level 3 works >properly only with a Generic PC
>105 layout, not the >Sun one
$ setxkbmap -v
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   xfree86+aliases(qwerty)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:
pc+us+inet(pc105)+gr:2+group(alt_shift_toggle)+eurosign(e)+terminate(ctrl_alt_bksp)
geometry:   pc(pc105)

But no still nothing changes. It seems thatwhole infrastructure is problematic.

>I figured that I cannot type any valid accented >characters on my Swedish
>laptop keyboard unless >~/.dmrc specifies Language=fr_FR.UTF-8.

Initially there was no entry for language. I added
Language=el_GR.UTF-8
but nothing happened and of course (!) changing tofr.FR.UTF-8 did not work
either.
It seems I have to revert to the old BE and forget updating for a while. BTW,
who is actually "touching"these files?It would be nice to tell them that theydo
more harm than good.

Best regards,
A.S.