Hi Matthias,

I think you must |add the flag ||-PCOMPILE_PANGO=true to build the new opensource font stuff.

If I remember correctly I got a similar error, when I first build jfx78 on linux.

I made some experiments with javafx on android by myself.

I found the following interesting read:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7153989/java-7-language-features-with-android

One other problem I hit, when trying to compile a larger application was:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15508477/android-my-application-is-too-large-and-gives-unable-to-execute-dex-method-id

Apparently there is a limit of ||65536 methods per apk file.

Besides, I'm currently two releases behind with the jfx78.

I'll try to catch up soon.

Best regards,

Stefan

Hi Tomas,

today, I took the time to investigate a little more time on this.

1. I build an entirely new openjfx78 build for android
2. starting this gave me several errors that lead me to the
conclusion that I need a java6 openjfx
3. based on openjfx78 I ported it back to java6 (adapted gradled scripts, and
tons of java source code)
4. Now it's almost running on an 18th android. All libraries are firing up
until the CssStyleHelper
is called with a static call to createStyleHelper.

That looks like the font stuff is not in jfx78. That's why "new Font" returns
with null and therefore
CssStyleHelper crashes. Do you have any idea how to proceed? Do I really have
to port JFX8 from Java8
back to Java6 to get a full flegded JFX8 running on Android? That would be
pretty heavy it took me
nearly 10 hours to port jfx78 to Java6 (without Ensemble). I am willing to
contribute, in case we've got
a development direction.

kind regards
Matthias