On Wed, 7 Oct 2026 21:32:59 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Robert Lichtenberger has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>> 
>>   8264588: Split test to cover current fix.
>
> modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/behavior/TextAreaBehaviorTest.java
>  line 143:
> 
>> 141:     @Disabled("JDK-8393470")
>> 142:     public void testDoubleClickSelectsCharacterClassBlocks() {
>> 143:         execute(
> 
> why is this case excluded?  works on macOS.

The idea was to only provide a test case for what has been fixed with this PR 
(minimal commit).
I can of course move every case that already works from 
testDoubleClickSelectsCharacterClassBlocks to testDoubleClickWithSpecialChars 
but I thought it to be misleading: Someone reading the commit may think this PR 
fixes a lot of things, which it doesn't.
But since it is preferred, I will move those cases that already work.

> modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/behavior/TextAreaBehaviorTest.java
>  line 170:
> 
>> 168:         assertEquals("3x3", control.getSelectedText());
>> 169: 
>> 170:         execute(
> 
> same question with this case - works on macOS.

This does not work in Linux. .3x3 will be selected there. I don't have macOS 
availble. From the code I see that there's a difference between "Windows" and 
"not Windows" (`mouseDoubleClick` in TextAreaBehavior) but not a difference 
between Linux and Mac.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4218094937
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4218083644

Reply via email to