From: Dahlia Trimble <dahliatrim...@gmail.com>
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:45:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] The state of content tools

Adding support to OpenSim for some basic mesh types may be rather trivial. I've
done some initial experiments with compressed .obj files and the existing asset
system and have had success. The problem isn't really with OpenSim, rather it's
the LL viewer. Realxtend can use more mesh types than the LL viewer and a
module exists for OpenSim to support these capabilities. IdealistViewer can
display many mesh types simultaneously with prims and sculpties, but
development is slow. More contributors would help to bring these capabilities
to OpenSim and Idealist sooner.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Gustavo Alberto Navarro Bilbao
<alberto.navarro.bil...@gmail.com> wrote:

I use Prim Composer, realXtend since the 3.1 version and, really, just like
Paul and Frank says, if Opensim would get the ability to use meshes, a new way
to create new objects and worlds wil be open to the users.