On Thursday 01 June 2006 10:46 am, James Carlson wrote:
> I'm confused.  I thought integration (beyond the usual design and
> archtectural considerations in each project) was a job for particular
> distributions, not something that Open Solaris itself provides.
>
> You'll find all those non-ON things Bonnie mentioned on the web site
> today.  What more did you want?
>
>   http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/

So, someone shows up to eat dinner. Instead of a meal presented to them on a
plate, there's a bag of groceries to prepare.

How many of those folks do you think will come back and eat at this resturaunt
again?

Why assemble ON even? Why not make them assemble that themself and add
whatever device drives they need? Maybe the SPARC miniroot can be brought
down in size that way so it can fit easily on a CD.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group