On Tuesday 17 August 2010 00:39:53 Mike Monkowski wrote:
> Bryon Ruxton wrote:
> > I think addressing the hurdles that prevent people still on 1.23 to
> > move to 2.0 before you get into
> >
> >  “Rapid, effective deployment of new features and functionality.” is the
> >
> > most urgent priority in my opinion.
>
> Seconded.

Thirded.
The "Top Priority" should NOT be getting new users (while it of course should
be high on the list), but it should be keeping the old, established users from
leaving in disgust... you know, the ones that are already spending money, own
sims, have a Second Life. How many big shops / brands have closed lately with
statements like "I dont like SL anymore"...?

Here's my personal "Like/Dislike" list about 2.x, with my own personal
suggestions for improvements or what to port from 1.x:

Like: the general feel of the new UI and the more streamlined menu
Dislike: The color scheme (makes a lot of stuff hard to read);
Suggestion: port the color scheme from 1.x (old one, not the lightblue one),
or maybe the orageisch scheme from the starlight skin

Dislike: the sidebar, and all that comes with it
(Strong) Suggestion: make all UI elements that are not part of the menu, the
toolbar or the chat bar non-modal dialogs where possible, modal dialogs only
where necessary.

Dislike: the fact that a lot of textures for profiles and such have changed
size, forcing people to redo their profiles and "About Land", breaking them
for 1.23 users by doing so
Suggestion: get the old sizes back (see http://is.gd/elgvO)

(Totally) Dislike: The way the profile shows first life and second life tab at
the same time. If I wanted to flaunt my RL I would be on facebook. Facebook,
by the way, still does not allow "Fake Personalities" and thusly is NO place
for SecondLife avatars.
Suggestion: Put Secondlife Tab and First Life Tab back on separated tabs, or
at least use the "collapsible" firstlife section from starlight

hope this list helps a bit.

bye,
LC