Hi All,

> So my question is the following: if elected, how much time do you think
> you'll be able to dedicate to Technical Committee affairs (reviewing
> proposed changes and pushing your own) ?

As a member of the OpenStack Foundation staff I have 100% of my time dedicated
to the community let that be working with our ecosystem members, helping new
contributors to join or keeping contact and accelerate collaboration with
adjacent communities.

Defining an exact amount of time might be challenging as I see plenty of
overlapping between my tasks and the TC’s scope, which means many of my
activities serve multiple purpose. While we all have different load on a weekly
basis I’m dedicated to secure enough time and focus on average to be a reliable
and valuable TC member.

> If there was ONE thing, one
> initiative, one change you will actively push in the six months between
> this election round and the next, what would it be ?

As others before me pointed out very well picking one item is very hard, nearly
impossible. I always search for the relation between items and challenges along
with observing the different aspects of them. My main focus areas currently are
Telecom/NFV and the Upstream Institute activities. One of the connection points
between these two is on-boarding, which I would like to highlight here as the
ONE.

While we’ve already come a long way with working together with the Telecom
industry we still have a long journey ahead of us. On-boarding boils down to be
and remain to be an open and open minded community and a helpful environment.
In my view accepting new developers and new technologies requires very similar
skills and mindset and requires us to keep OpenStack a welcoming and also an
innovative place, where I would like to refer back to the challenges mentioned
in an earlier discussion on this thread about allowing competition and
exploring new ideas and ways of doing things.

Being or not being a TC member, my pick is to continue helping with the
different aspects of on-boarding and make the teams along with the technical
committee and community to be more open to accept new members with new view
points and ideas and improve communication and collaboration between the
related parties. In my opinion this helps to improve and maintain our solid and
stable basis which makes us being able to deal with the technical and
collaboration challenges - listed on this thread - together.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó