On 10/07/2014 02:10 PM, Jay Faulkner wrote:
On Oct 7, 2014, at 10:38 AM, Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:

We should come up with a published list of "intern and senior projects
proposals"
I know there is a low-hanging-fruit tag in the bug tracker, and this summer
when we had two interns on our team working on Openstack we had them both
“onboard” to the development process by having them find and resolve
low-hanging-fruit tagged bugs in IPA and Ironic.
There is a difference between low hanging fruit (onboarding) and stand alone presentable senior thesis topics. Both are important.

I’d strongly suggest this list start with us being more vigilant about tagging
bugs as low-hanging-fruit and then having those act as a gateway into the
community. At Open Source Bridge this year, in a session about getting
newcomers interested in open source, easy/l-h-f bugs were indicated as a
strongly preferred way to get someone involved. Even to the level of suggesting
a more senior developer could make the bug report better, with more breadcrumbs
for a new person, to make it even easier to get started.

Just a thought :).

Thanks,
Jay Faulkner