I am not familiar with the Cisco switch. I am afraid, I cannot comment.

From: Satish Patel
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 17:49
Subject: Re: [Openstack] cisco trunk interface in err-disabled
To: Kaustubh Kelkar
Cc: Rock Rockenhaus, openstack

Thanks Kaustubh, What do you think about this link?
http://blog.marvelworld.tk/?p=563 They are saying it could be keepalive. On
Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Kaustubh Kelkar wrote: > >> > This is what i have
configured on my compute node. I have two NIC and >> > both nic connected to
same cisco switch but [eth1] is trunk port. >> > >> > [eth0] - Management
(vlan20) >> > >> > [eth1] - (br-vlan bridge) - Data traffic (vlan 20,10) -
Trunk to cisco >> > > [Kaustubh] (I hope I got the VLANs correct). Try to
imagine what will happen if the switch port connecting to eth0 gets a broadcast
packet (an ARP request, for example). Because the other port is a trunk port,
the switch will forward the broadcast packet out to eth1, which in turn will
forward to br-int and eventually eth0 thereafter. See the loop? > > I believe,
l2_population and arp_responder mechanisms were designed to alleviate this
problem. You could enable them and see if this solves the problem. > > >
-Kaustubh