Le 13/10/2016 à 11:07, Alexander Graf a écrit :
On 10/13/2016 10:37 AM, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

On  devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:RaspberryPi3 project, there are currently 2 DTB
* dtb-aarch64 : compiled broadcom DTBs from sources and output a
bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb file too.

Yeah, that's Andreas' attempt to make a hacky interim solution cleaner.

* dtb-rpi3-aarch64 : pre-compiled bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb (from where?)

This is literally assembled by hand.

Current JeOS uses the pre-compiled DT.

WiFi is not working on AArch64 version, and I am wondering if it could be
caused by the DTB used.

Probably, yes. IMHO we have 2 options:

  1) Keep hacking on the contrib, try to make it work (pretty much a waste of
time IMHO)
  2) 4.8 has proper RPi3 support, just move all RPi3 enablement to Tumbleweed

Would you have time to work on option 2? 4.8 is missing Wifi (which the 4.4 based kernel
in contrib includes), but for "normal" things it should be fine.

I do not have much time for that, sorry.

I think we should have a fully (downstream?) working image (32 or 64 bits)
including HDMI, and WiFi (and maybe hardware video decoding?).
Then, we might have a 2nd image which follow upstream and where we might have
some things missing such as WiFi.
If more versions are needed for testing/developing purpose, then we should use
staging projects.

This is how is handled Raspberry Pi 1.

For RPi2, we have only a downstream image since JeOS-raspberrypi2 package is
missing in Factory:ARM. I think we could add it. Dirk, could you do it, please?

Once 4.8 will be in Factory, lets play with JeOS-raspberrypi3_aarch64 in