Le 13/10/2016 à 11:40, Alexander Graf a écrit :
On 10/13/2016 11:34 AM, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

Le 13/10/2016 à 11:07, Alexander Graf a écrit :
On 10/13/2016 10:37 AM, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
Hi,

On  devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:RaspberryPi3 project, there are currently 2 DTB
packages:
* dtb-aarch64 : compiled broadcom DTBs from sources and output a
bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb file too.

Yeah, that's Andreas' attempt to make a hacky interim solution cleaner.

* dtb-rpi3-aarch64 : pre-compiled bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb (from where?)

This is literally assembled by hand.

Current JeOS uses the pre-compiled DT.

WiFi is not working on AArch64 version, and I am wondering if it could be
caused by the DTB used.

Probably, yes. IMHO we have 2 options:

  1) Keep hacking on the contrib, try to make it work (pretty much a waste of
time IMHO)
  2) 4.8 has proper RPi3 support, just move all RPi3 enablement to Tumbleweed
proper

Would you have time to work on option 2? 4.8 is missing Wifi (which the 4.4 based kernel
in contrib includes), but for "normal" things it should be fine.

I do not have much time for that, sorry.

I think we should have a fully (downstream?) working image (32 or 64 bits)
including HDMI, and WiFi (and maybe hardware video decoding?).

Hardware video decoding is currently limited to the 32-bit downstream rpi
foundation kernel. An image with that one in place already exists here:

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Raspberry_Pi3#Installing_the_32-bit_non-upstream_openSUSE_Tumbleweed_image

The devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:RaspberryPi3 repo is for the 64bit variant which
doesn't exist in raspberry foundation land.

Then, we might have a 2nd image which follow upstream and where we might have
some things missing such as WiFi.
If more versions are needed for testing/developing purpose, then we should use
staging projects.

Yes, hence my suggestion to remove the RPi3 contrib and just move it all to
Tumbleweed.

Yes, but the condition would be to not loose any functionality in the switch.

Moreover, the current RPi3 Contrib is more a Leap 42.2 Contrib since it uses
the 42.2 kernel. Maybe we could just rename it?

This is how is handled Raspberry Pi 1.

For RPi2, we have only a downstream image since JeOS-raspberrypi2 package is
missing in Factory:ARM. I think we could add it. Dirk, could you do it, please?

For the RPi2 we're in the same situation: A downstream 32bit kernel with video
decoding and an upstream 32bit kernel (that should work fine with the
Tumbleweed kernel) that does not have video decoding capabilities.

Yes, we are just missing the downstream image. ;)

Once 4.8 will be in Factory, lets play with JeOS-raspberrypi3_aarch64 in
Factory.

Agreed.

SR from Kernel:stable to Factory is on the way.

Guillaume

Alex