On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:34:48AM -0800, David Lang wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Mirko Parthey wrote:
> >- Their ports can only be configured to carry either a single untagged
> > vlan, or a number of tagged vlans, but not both simultaneously.
>
> I'll argue that doing both is a bad idea in any case (just from the
> confusion point of view :-)

I usually configure the VLAN used to manage the device as "untagged"
so that I can plug my notebook into a trunk port and manage the
device. This has proven extremely handy in outage situations where the
normal management methods don't work.

This needs to be documented cleanly though.

Greetings
Marc