All of my immune-compromised friends are still masking and still not able
to enjoy the things so many people are taking for granted.
Hospitalizations and deaths for covid are still well above what they were a
year ago.
Reported cases are down, but positive test % is still very high -
indicating a high number of cases out there that we don't see. This means
vaccines are working to keep cases more mild, but that covid is still
rampant out there.

Contra continues to be an epidemiologist's nightmare activity, even worse
that casual hospital contact:
heavy breathing, mingling with dozens of other people at close quarters,
being face-to-face with them.

What I'd like to see is more organizers set policies that are connected to
hospitalizations and deaths, setting standards based on numbers and
sticking to them.

Julian Blechner
speaking for myself
committee member, Downtown Amherst Contra
+ caller