I have a reply pending - I embedded an image I took from CovidActNow, but
the short answer is:
While it varies from area to area, I'm using CovidActNow for the basis of
saying that deaths and hospitalizations are well above what they were a
year ago.

Yes, we're on a downwards trend, but we were also on a downwards trend at
this time last year, and then things went way back up.

This is why I continue to advocate for organizers to set policies that are
based on hospitalizations and deaths, so that it's unambiguous when masking
is safer to lighten up on, and when it may need to be reinstated (such as
with a Winter surge or a new strain, etc)

Best regards,
Julian