Hi Larry and others

For my own gigs, as well as some dances, I thought I organize, for several
years I use the K 10 from QSC.

With my spinal stenosis I was looking for a lighter alternative. When QSC
came out with their ".2" series, I did a lot of investigation, and found
that the only drawback was the sound for the bass.

I went ahead and bought them anyway because the lighter weight was very
important and I realized that the k8.2 was actually more powerful than the
original 10 that I had, and several pounds lighter, and an easier fit in my
car.

The sound quality is incredibly clear and crisp, so I am very happy with
the speakers. Although for the last few months, I have been having feedback
problems when I am leading dances walking in front of the speakers. This is
a new problem and I'm not sure if it's something about my headset or maybe
I changed the settings accidentally on the speakers?

I never felt the need for subwoofers, but I suppose the modern day
contradancers really love that sound. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, many
of our regional dance series used the Electro Voice "Entertainer" system
which was good for the time but definitely no subwoofers.

Where I am especially impressed is when I do summer camp gigs with 250 to
300 very loud campers and the sound cuts right through!

Paul Rosenberg
Albany, NY
www.homespun.biz
*Joy Through Traditional Dance & Live Fiddle Music*
518-482-9255