> So, my conclusions are:
>
> - Ironflare/Evermind has not hired testers or other staff as promised 6
> months ago.  They don't have to, because the user community does all of
> that (and more) for them.

Hiring testers for the sake of hiring testers (not a knock on testers)is hit-and-miss
anyway, but
suppose they did hire testers? I suspect that many folks on this list would still test
orion just
as rigourously as they do now.

I get paid regardless of whether I test Orion. I test Orion because I like it. If, by
testing
Orion I can get a better product, then I will test Orion. I don't HAVE to use Orion. I
WANT to use
it.

Do you like the product?

> - Ironflare is in it, at least in part, for big money; otherwise, they
> would have collected from the production license violator.

Every company is in it, to one degree or another, for the money. My consultancy is in
it for the
money - but we started it because we wanted to do our work OUR way which we now do.
The money just
happens to go along with it. Ironflare wanted to write an application server and that
was only
possible, in their view, by starting their own company. They need money, too, as Karl
explained.
If Oracle came to my company and said "Hey, we'd like to license some of that software
you've been
writing for a nice sum of cash" - I would say "You Bet!". What's wrong with that?
Nothing!

> - Ironflare will leave you hanging if you report license violations.

When you reported the license violations, what was Ironflare supposed to do? I don't
know the
nature of how you found the violations or who is doing the violating, but it seems to
me that once
you report it, then you would be finished with your task.

> - Ironflare may be censoring messages.

You lay out your facts above - but given other experiences with this list (I briefly
mention mine
in a previous posting that quite frankly hasn't come through yet) I can't draw the same
conclusions. Sorry.