I have been using 64 OSG on both linux and windows environment without any
issues.  For our modeler we had to build 64 bit OSG for Max OSG exporter on
his 64 bit machine.

As he had plenty of memory on his machine we were able to export large
dataset in a single step which was not possible earlier with his 32 bit
machine.

~Aashish