Sorry, like I said I dont mess w/ static builds, so I have no advice
there.  Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft assemblies.

Curious why you're bothering w/ debug builds tho?  If you're using the
prebuilt 3rdParty binaries and you build debug, it will use the debug
JPEG library, which certainly could reference the debug MSVC runtime
dlls.  Have you tried building your own JPEG library statically, so it
doesn't reference the dynamic MSVC libs?

-- mew