g'day,

im also working on RTT prerender stuff,
and i experienced the same FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT-slow-down-the system as Viggo.
Im also running a windows system.

However, my goals a slightly different from yours, but i am suffering from low frame rates as well. I want to do image pre-processing of a live camera image. The camera img is attached to a screen filling rectangle and rendered with a fragment shader. The output texture is input of the next RTT step.

I'm wondering if the low framerates are caused by insufficient hardware, programming mistakes or osg itself ;)

There are 6 RTT steps (640x480), each with 9 texture look-ups a fragment (filter mask) and very simple noise processing. I'm running an Opteron 2,21 Ghz, 1GB RAM, Geforce 8400 GS. I achieve (incl camera image grabbing) <8fps.

Do you think this is ok, or should the system be working faster?

cheers,
Fabian