Hi,

On Monday 03 November 2008 20:30, John Cummings wrote:
> I think it may be too late to have anything changed, but I'd like to learn
> something out of this matter.
I do not think that you are too late. I was just willing to make the majority
of users again happy. When you had responded earlier, you would have gotten a
solution immediately. Now we might find one now :)

> I still consider myself an OSG neophyte, so
> goes easy on me. You proposed two solutions:
> 1. add an ac3d options struct
> 2. install a read callback in the osgDB::Registry of your local application
> where you modify the texture parameters
>
> On #2, is this the same as the NodeVisitor that Robert references in the
> "Call for feedback" thread?
More or less yes.
You are able to install a osgDB::Registry::ReadFileCallback into the database
manager.
That acts as a postprocessing step just past loading models.
There you might make use of a NodeVisitor, to walk the model and change
texture parameters of all or some specific texture objects.

> On #1, is that just a class derived from
> osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options with attributes added for specifying repeat
> and clamping preferences?
Yes, something like that. Then the loader must use this option and act as
desired.

Depending on what youo want to do, you might also use a different fileformat
which provides what you need. That is maybe more than what ac offers?

> Thank you for all of your work on this issue. My apologies again for not
> responding to this thread sooner. (And I thought I did well posting
> examples the same morning I received the other messages... sigh)
:)

Greetings

Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany