> One more question regarding the flt-exporter: I use the RT 3d
> Model viewer plugin for firefox to display flt-files in a
> browser. The background is black here. I donĀ“t know if this
> is an error of that plugin, or if the GL_CLEAR_COLOR is not
> yet exported by the exporter.

The primary third-party software used to test OSG's FLT exporter was MPI's
Creator 3.0. I did have a subcontractor with access to some other
FLT-reading software; don't recall the name of the package, but all software
used was able to correctly display all test models we exported during
development. If you'd like to email me your exported FLT file, I'd be happy
to load it in Creator and send you a screen shot of what is displayed. This
would tell us whether the problem is with the exporter or your software.

(Note that another osg-users poster discovered that the OSG FLT exporter
doesn't attempt to create unique record names, and this was causing problems
with the third party FLT software that he was using. As the FLT exporter
creates record names directly from Node names, the quick fix for this would
be to write a NodeVisitor to "unique-ify" all the Node names just before you
attempt to export the scene graph. It might be useful to add similar
capability directly to the FLT exporter, but I'd like to see this as an
option, as I don't feel the FLT exporter should take responsibility to "make
up" record names that the calling application didn't specify.
   -Paul