> To be honest OGL 3.0 is not on my horizon right now ( I know
> its there )
>
> A lot of our customers are on base line machines with 7 year
> old cards such as NVIDIA Quadro4 700 XGL OpenGl 2.1 and 256mb
> is a luxury :)

A very decent card in its day. I think I have one in my collection! :-)

Your dilemma sounds familiar. My previous employer also had customers with
old hardware. As an engineer, my opinion of this was that it was OK, as long
as they also never upgraded the software. But if they had maintenance
contracts and expected to install and use new versions of our software
product, eventually they would be forced into a hardware upgrade. We could
not hold back new development because some maintenance customer with a
Pentium Pro and TNT graphics card refused to purchase a new system.
   -Paul