Robert Osfield wrote:
I would just love to get open source OpenGL drivers to a point that
they match the proprietary ones on all platforms, once you get to this
point there is no turning back, the open source development model will
just outpace the proprietary solutions in terms of features and
stability.

Both ATI and Intel have already published lots of specs on their
hardware, and Intel and ATI open source drivers are under development,
but it takes time to get a fully operational driver in place, so we do
need to be patient.  It's good to hear of success with the Intel
drivers already.   If only NVidia would follow suit and be more open
about their hardware then we'd have potential for OpenGL drivers to
all come out of hiding.

Anybody ever try the nouveau driver for Nvidia cards?

http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/

--"J"