Paul Melis wrote:
Jason Daly wrote:
Paul Melis wrote:
Okay, can you give me some pointers how to make it work then? I have VS8 sp1, have downloaded the corresponding debug package from the OSG website and have a really small test application that forces OSG to use some freed memory. If I build (in debug mode of course) and then run the test from VS with F5 it nicely catches the error, but in the stack trace none of the OSG dlls show any symbols...

I think the problem is that OSG is using /Zi instead of /Z7, but at the same time, the .pdb files aren't being distributed in the packages.
Right, that is what I originally suspected. So is there any point to the debug packages *in their current form*? As 2.8.2 is probably released pretty soon it might be a good point in time to fix this?
My guess is that the extra size comes from optimizations being turned off (the default in Debug mode), but I don't make the packages, so I'm not sure.
Is there any way to test for a given dll if there is debug information in it, e.g. with some MSVC tool?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Does this help?

"%VCINSTALLDIR%\bin\dumpbin.exe" /PDBPATH:VERBOSE osg55-osgd.dll

Laurens.