Paul Martz wrote:
Thanks for correcting me on DDS, guys, I appreciate it. I'll look into beefing up the export capability to support 32-bit float per channel.

So, if I understand correctly, if I pass an uncompressed Image to the DDS plugin for export, it will _not_ compress the data...? This is not how I would've expected it to work, but is good news for what I'm doing.

That's correct. There is no provision in the plugin for doing any kind of data conversion. Again, DDS is not a compression scheme (like JPEG), it's just an image container that supports many different formats. It just so happens that a few of those formats come from the S3TC texture compression specification. Also note that DDS supports several surface types as well (2D, 3D, cube maps, and multiple MIP levels).

--"J"