"What do HUDs have to do with this?"

The fragmentShaderSource_debugHUD and fragmentShaderSource_debugHUD_texcoord
shaders listed at the top of the cpp with the other two shaders....

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of
Jean-Sébastien Guay
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 12:47 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] osgShadow question

Hi Wyatt,

> Which shader is the basic shader, fragmentShaderSource_noBaseTexture or
> fragmentShaderSource_withBaseTexture?

Depends on whether your object has a texture or not. Although now, since
texture lookups are so cheap these days, I would suggest you save
yourself some aggravation and just apply a white 1x1 texture to the top
of your scene graph (which will thus apply to all untextured objects but
won't change anything in their appearance) and use only one shader, the
withBaseTexture one.

See the code for osgShadow::ShadowMap for an example of such a texture
set up.

> I assume it isn’t one for HUD.

Hope this helps,

J-S