Hi,

I hope it is ok that i hijack this thread since I'm i similar situation.
We are using VPB, but are considering using osgEarth for disaplaying GIS map +
radar display on top of that.
The test with osgEarth worked well using imagery from natural earth, some shape
vector data from an old ESRI map database, and some elevation data(DTED1).
The most cumbersome process i found using osgEarth, is that you need to define
all source data and how they should be presented using a big xml confugration
file (.earth).

So my question is: Is anyone aware of some kind of comparison(forum, document,
web adress) between the different products that use OSG to show GIS data?

Some of the products I have found is osgEarth + VTP, Virtual Terrain Project,
ossimPlanet, gvSIG + osgVirtualPlanets, and I'm sure there exist more. One
somewhat useful comparison was found here
http://sourcepole.ch/assets/2010/9/10/foss4g2010_virtual_globes.pdf

Some of these products seem easier to use to produce a GIS map database with
presentation.

So anyone have any experience with these? Or must i dig into everyone and test
them myself?  :)

Thank you!

Cheers,
Morten