Hi Robert

Thanks for the information.

Good news on the OSG 3.0 coming soon.

"...you can easily build the OSG and VPB yourself using free tools I
would have though it'd be just to do this. It's a hurdle to jump..."

"It's a hurdle to jump..." is an understatement for me, I had not done that
for years, had to download TortoiseSVN, Cmake and VC++ again.
I have a tendency to jump in then go back and find my mistakes.
No problem with MinGW except new to EclipseCDT, Eclipse is great for Java.
Apparently mixing MinGW and MSC10 compiles is problematic also.
Maybe later I can help with the initial setup tutorials.

What I mentioned about the cache structure:
C:\NLN\NLNwwData\Earth\NASA\Marble\2\10\10_7.dds
I don't know if OSG/osgEarth can read this, it's pretty much standard
except GoogleEarth's upper/lower left shift.

I have tiled the U.S. FAA charts and served them for a few years at no charge
and no problems reported, they should work in OSG/osgEarth.
http://www.nlneilson.com/sectionals.html

The OSG project seems great, I am impressed.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Neil