Hello Neil,

Apparently I have something wrong in CMake or in VS10.
I am getting the osg71- rather than the xxx.dlls

Please stop focusing on this. IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. The VS builds will always have an osgXX- prefix to the DLL names, that's how it should be, the prefix is a version number that makes sure the right DLL is picked up at runtime.

MinGW builds will not have this as they use GCC as their compiler, and GCC embeds the SO version inside the library. So it doesn't need to have any version number in the filename.

So once again, I repeat, everything is CORRECT and you can go on with your life... Just have your project link to osg(d).lib, osgDB(d).lib etc. and it will pick up the right osg71-osg.dll, osg71-osgDB.dll etc. at runtime.

J-S