This is actually what I tried.  The issue texture->getTextureObject(contextID)
returns 0, which I assume means a null pointer?

I create my gc manually then create viewer/window etc... so my code looks like
this:

unsigned int contextID = gc.get()->getState()->getContextID()
unsigned int textureID = texture[0]->getTextureObject(contextID)->id();

Upon executing the "textureID = " I get a seg fault, and upon further checking,
 texture[0]->getTextureObject(contextID) = 0.

CD