Hi Micahel,

For static transforms there will be no need to retain the whole
transform hierarchy, instead I'd recommend accumulating all these
transforms to provide a position that you need to place your markers.
As a first step you could keep your AutoTransform above your final
geometry, but just remove the transforms above the AutoTransform, this
won't provide you with maximum performance possible but it'll
certainly be a step in the right direction, and if you get the
performance you need job done.  If this isn't sufficient then you'll
need to look at other techniques such as vertex shaders for computing
the the scaling.

Robert.