On 09/25/2012 12:04 PM, Christoffer Pettersson wrote:
hmm ok. I tried the code on another computer with specifications between the
two computers mentioned before. This one running Slackware as well. And the
code ran fine on this one. Theyre using the same terminal and as far as I know
they also use the same compiler.

As I mentioned before, Writing a proper gui is not an option. The framework
needs to be controlled from the terminal.

Hi, Christoffer,

As Robert has hinted at, the OSG isn't really designed to be used from the command line, and as such, it doesn't provide any interfaces to do so. That usage model is rather antiquated and graphical interfaces are by far the norm these days.

As luck would have it, however, I recently implemented a tool that was also required to be console-driven. The easiest way to handle it is to use a separate thread to wait for and read your input (this way, stdin can block as usual while waiting for a command, while the main viewer threads can proceed merrily on their way). I'll send you my console app (off-list), so you can have an example to follow.

--"J"