Here's another option to consider...

For osgEarth we use ReadTheDocs. You store your documentation right in the
source repo alongside the code. That's nice - it keeps everything in one
place and lets you revision the documentation as you would anything else.
Docs are in RST format, making them human-readable as plain text as well.

RTD integrates automatically with revision control systems. If I push a
change, the doc site updates automatically within minutes. (That's github,
not sure about other systems.)

You can see our RTD-hosted docs site here: http://docs.osgearth.org
ReadTheDocs is at https://readthedocs.org/

Enjoy -gw