Oh it is most definitely a very awkward way of doing things.  I am very much a
novice at this and thats why.

I have been following along the tutorials in the Open Scene Graph for beginners
and trying to understand how the engine works as well as get a better grasp on
graphics programming as I go along.

As mentioned I am getting data from an API my company is developing from the
leap motion.  I want to animate the model hands provided by leap motion
depending on position tracking data we get from the leap motion sensor.

How would I go about doing this in a less awkward way.  Also in regards to me
not maybe have added all the nodes I need to, I don't really add any nodes.  My
impression was that the NodeTraverser was able to traverse through a given
models parts and access them.

I am very open to advice and or being pointed in the right direction.  So my
next steps are?  Do I try to handle callbacks differenyl or how should I
restructure my approach?

Right now it follows this:

1.  Establish Logging mechanism as shown in OpenSceneGraph for Beginners.
2.  Instanciate a callback class
3.  Load the model.
4.  Set the models datavariance to dynamic
5.  Add the callback class to the model.
6.  Set up viewer and camera (standard)
7.  Run

8.  In the callback all I want to do is traverse through each of the nodes of
the hand and reposition certain fingers.  So I:
9.  Instanciate a traversal class.
10.  Get my node in the callback to accept it.

11. In the traversal class I check if its the node I want to reposition
12.  If it is reposition it.

I can see already this seems a weird way to do it, but I am uninspired as to
how to properly approach this.  All advice and tips appreciated!!

:D thanks!