HI Sebastian,

thanks for the reply. I also have vegetation generated on the GPU, works
really fine - like 5mil trees on 60Hz. Now I want to try HW instancing for
moving models - your NodeVisitor is good idea to have any geometry
instantiable.

What was your start point? Did you also try the code from the blog I found
or you did it your self? For some reason the code on the blog is not
working and I am struggling to try to fix it since it has really nice
implementation and ideas I am learning now.

Nick

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Sebastian Messerschmidt <
sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de> wrote:

>  And again:
>
> The example I was looking for was in the submissions, called:
>
> [osg-submissions] New example : culling and LODing performed on GPU side
>
> Unfortunately Robert didn't approve or merge the nescessary changes. Maybe
> it went unnoticed.
>
> Cheers
> Sebastian
>
>  HI Trajce,
>
> I implemented HW Instancing using the UBO and texture approach using the
> osgforest example as a guide.
> The majority of the work in my project lied in developing a visitor making
> "arbitrary" geometry nodes instanceable.
> I also experimented with geometry shader based billboard instancing, which
> worked nice for trees etc.
> And I do remember some example featuring GPU culling and instancing, but I
> cannot find it in the mailing list right now
>

>  Hi Community
>
>  I found this blog
> http://3dcgtutorials.blogspot.de/2013/09/instancing-with-openscenegraph-part-ii.html
> and found it very interesting. Although the description is very well
> written the code samples seams incomplete and sort of outdated. Was to ask
> you if any of you have done some work with this and is willing to share
> hints, code snippets?
>
>  Thanks a bunch as always,
> Nick
>
>  --