On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 12:24:28 AM UTC+1, Michał Musiałowicz
wrote:

> Unfortunately rendering speed is, being polite, only satisfactory. Or
> maybe slightly below.

I have noticed this too, but only when manually browsing the map (or first
opening OsmAnd).
While driving, it slowly follows where I am (I have autozoom on) and I
almost never see the map move and have an area not rendered yet in view.

What Mikolaj Machowski was suggesting is, I think, already happening, but
only about 1/3 outside the viewable area.

As to the rendering speed, I am a very heavy user (usually have the "more
details" and most of "public transport" options on, + altitude lines and
hillshade over/underlays.) At times, the rendering is annoying, but the
detail advantage over tomtom or Google more than compensates that.